I’m always looking for ways to make leftover chicken into something new. I’m going to confess that, with our busy schedule, we buy at least one rotisserie chicken a month. With four of us, we don’t have that much leftover, but there’s enough left that I don’t want it to go to waste.. But my family hates leftovers! Or at least it always seems like leftovers go to waste. Then, a few months ago, I came across this recipe. With a few tweaks, this recipe has become one of my favorites. And no leftovers! Simple, delicious, and best of all – requires no cooking. This is seriously one of the best ways to finish off leftover chicken. It’s so good, I’ve shared this recipe with some of my classes and it’s always a hit.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn optional
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Then add chicken, cilantro, and salsa.
- Fold in avocado, black beans, and corn.
- Serve with tortilla chips, mixed greens, and/or rice.
This looks good. I will try it in the next few days. Thank you. Always looking for new recipes. Judy